Thursday, August 1, 2013

Recipe: Sweet Potato Chips

Chips and guacamole is my favorite snack of all time. I don't think I can really live without it, so that was my first priority on this crazy allergen-free diet. How can I solve this debaucle if I can't eat corn, tomato, wheat or white potato? Sweet potato chips! With tomato-free guacamole. Yessss. Here's what you'll need:

allergen free sweet potato chips

Ingredients:
• 2 sweet potatoes (not yams--they really are different, I just learned)
• Olive oil, canola or coconut oil cooking spray (you can drizzle as well, but I found that the spray works to evenly and lightly distribute)
• Salt & pepper

allergen free sweet potato chips

Start by slicing the sweet potatoes into thin slices, about 1/8 inch thick. If you have a mandolin, you can use that or you can use a really sharp knife. Watch your fingers!

allergen free sweet potato chips

Spread the slices out onto a sheet on parchment paper. You definitely don't want these to stick to the pan. Spray the slices with the oil of your choice (try to make sure that there isn't too much overlapping, or they won't bake correctly) and sprinkle with salt and pepper.

allergen free sweet potato chips

Bake at 375° for 12 minutes, then flip. Bake for 12 more minutes, until edges are crispy, and you're done! As for the guacamole, follow my Easy Peasy Quickie Guacamole recipe! I've added red onion and lime in the tomato's absence. Enjoy!

Blogging tips